Winter holidays mean one thing to me … vacation! After a few days enjoying Paris, it was time to get the hell out of town. I didn’t have time to go to The Bahamas, but a girl needs a little R&R. I thought to myself, “Where can I go that is nearby (yet far away), Insta-worthy, and allows me to pull out my furs?” All roads lead to Chamonix! Chamonix is the most adorable town at the base of Mont Blanc. Some go for skiing, some go for hiking, I go for the apres ski! Growing up, I’ve been to Chamonix a few times and it is a magical winter wonderland. The beauty is jaw dropping and the air of the mountains cleanse the soul. Good views, good wine and good food add up to a perfect weekend get away.
Tips & Tricks
- Easiest way to get from Paris to Chamonix is fly into Geneva and drive to Chamonix. Quick, simple and care-free.
- This time I stayed at the Rocky Pop Hotel which is brand new and super fun. Crazy decor, cute bartenders and amazing mountain views from the dining area made the stay extra special. The beds are really, really big and comfy too!
- Try a traditional mountain meal. For me, this means lots and lots of cheese and bread and wine. In Chamonix Centre there are so many options, but the best meal I had was at Le Caleche. Embarrassed to admit how much I actually ate, but it was good. Really good.
- If skiing isn’t for you (it definitely isn’t for me), that doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy the mountains! I took the Aiguille du Midi cable car up to the top to experience the most beautiful views at the highest point in Europe. Not sure if it was the altitude, or the cold but I felt close enough to touch the heavens and talk to Jesus (#heyboo). The next day, I took the train to the Mer de Glace – literally translated means Sea of Ice. If you ever felt the need to walk inside an ice glacier like me, it’s a must see. A far cry from the oceans I’m used to, but it’ll do for now.
- Dress the part. Chamonix is a little snobby and snooty (even more reason to love it). Don’t be afraid. Throw on that extra fur collar, pop into Chanel and have a good time!
Still dreaming about Chamonix,